Tuesday

Care Packages

So, what kind of items do you put in your care packages? 

Some of our favorite items were:

Magazines (Men's Health, The Week, Time... one's we had subscriptions to and some we didn't),
gum,
beef jerky,
pictures and letters from the kids,
romantic cards from me,
photographs or cds with movies of the kids,
movies/tv shows that we found for $5 each or so,
silly stress reliever type toys (my kids favorite!)

Sometimes we would put baked goods in or store bought goodies but the last time my husband deployed he asked us not to send too much of that stuff.   :o)

So what about you?  What kinds of goodies do you put in the care packages you send?  Share your ideas in the comments section.



1 comment:

Sherri Williams said...

I was just on Facebook where I saw a photo of care package recipient. She had received a cooking magazine! I wouldn't have thought of that but if your loved one loves cooking then it would be perfect! She or He could be getting lots of ideas for meals when they return. Just think! You could let them do the cooking for awhile to give you a break. :o)