Sunday

Leaving time....

So, do you have any thing that is a kind of tradition that you do when your loved one is deploying or going TDY?

Just before my husband leaves we usually try to do something special together.  A dinner out or fix a favorite meal at home, a movie, a game.  Something we can all do together to get that quality time we'll miss while he is away.

My kids and I usually go out for ice cream after we drop Daddy off where ever it is he needs to be dropped off.  As my kids have gotten older it's kind of become a joke for us.

My daughter gave my husband a teddy bear for Christmas to take with him on his many travels.  I heard of some taking photos with the bear or animal at different places where they go and sending them home to the kids.  I think that's a really neat idea.

So what do you do?  What are you ideas?

No comments: