Monday

Easter

Did you have a wonderful Easter?  We did.  It was nice and quiet.  Well, after church.  Our church was filled with beautiful music and tons of people and the sermon was on the spot.  Do you have a loved one deployed?  How did you connect for Easter?

In my book, "My Daddy Is In The Army", I share a cute fun way of sharing Easter and connecting with that deployed loved one.  In the book the child sends 40 eggs, one for each day of Lent, filled with messages and candies.  Messages of "I miss you Daddy!", "I love you!", "Happy Easter!", "Can't wait to see you!", and so on.  How fun for the deployed to receive a special message for the 40 days leading up to Easter.  And how fun for the child/family to get it all ready!  Keeping busy like this helps the time pass and honestly it usually made me feel good, even if just for a little while.  Oh, and don't forget the webcam on Easter!  Or video for your loved one and send it for them to enjoy.

We love the idea of the messages.  We would hide messages in my husbands "stuff" as he packed to leave and my kids loved hearing about what messages he found!  We'd put them in his pockets, in his rolled up socks, in his books, and anywhere we could think of putting them!  It was a kind of scavenger hunt!  When we'd send him a magazine, we would sometimes stuff it with little notes.  Where ever we could find to hide a note we did.  It was fun and his finding them was something to look forward to as well!  For ALL of us!

What messages would you send?

No comments: