Friday

Leaving...

After my husband's last deployment we moved to Ft. Leavenworth where my husband's job has him traveling a lot.  It's not for long periods of time, thankfully, but it's usually for couple of weeks or so.

When we first got here he traveled ALL the time!  I hated it because I felt like he had just got home!  I eventually got used to taking him to the airport all the time.  It became kind of second nature and though I was always sad to see him leave, the tears just didn't really flow much anymore.

Recently, his travels have slowed a great deal, but this morning, I took him to the airport dark and early for his first trip of this new year and I have to tell you. As I pulled away from the airport the tears flowed.  I was kind of surprised by it.  It had been several months since his last trip and so I was no longer "used" to it.  The tears came and the memories came flooding back to all the times we've said goodbye for deployments and I was, AM grateful that this is a very short trip compared to his last major deployment.

The tears only lasted a few moments and then I turned up the radio and sang a long but today, I am thinking of all you out there whose husbands are far, far away for a lot longer than mine and are in harms way.  I think of you most everyday but today it's even more.  

Thank you to all the military families out there, especially those with a loved one in harms way and those who have lost loved ones.  You are AWESOME and I appreciate you.  Bless you and your families and please if you need anything, ask for help.  There are people out there just waiting for you ask them.  THANK YOU!

No comments: